My Ikea hack Kallax Breakfast Bar project is finally complete!
For £63, you too can build this Frankenstein’s monster breakfast bar that is both movable and able to store all manner of kitchen shit; there are a vast array of storage options available in the Ikea Kallax range, like the fancy wicker basket cubes and drawers.
For this job, you need a tape measure, a carpenters awl, a pencil and some countersunk wood screws.
- Screw the Castor wheels onto the bottom corners of the Kallax
- Drill 11mm holes into the Kallax top for the Capita bolts.
- Fix the Capita arms/brackets to the Linnnmon table top
- Pop the Capita bolts through the drill holes and fix the nut/washer at the other end.
Here are the bits you’ll need.
- Castors – Article no: 966.713.00
- Linnmon Table top – Article no: 702.513.49
- Capita Brackets (X2 packs) – 400.511.96
- Kallax Shelving Unit – 202.758.14